Friday, August 19, 2011

Lilli's 7th Birthday Party Mermaid Party inspired by Driftwood, the ocean and dreamy little girls

 

I have finally put together a quick post to show you the pictures of Lilli's Mermaid Party and I must mention the party was featured over on the wonderful Kara's Party Ideas which we adore.

Lilli's party was inspired by driftwood, the ocean and dreamy little girls.



As usual I made all the sweet treats. I had seen a tiered macaron tower in a wedding book which I really liked. But I decided to add my own twist and popped on some Tim Tam pearl Truffles for the top layer. Don't worry I'll be popping a tutorial up for this soon.



The cake was inspired by the ocean and was three tiers with the cake wrapped in graduation fondant. Inside the cake was flavored with Blue Haven Jelly Crystals and Italian Meringue Buttercream once again flavored with the Blue Haven Jelly Crystals. I know it's weird.....but blue is one of the birthday girl's favorite flavours. The pretty cake stand is from Sharnel Dollar Designs.




The Mermaid Cookie pops were a huge hit of course and are a vanilla cookie decorated with fondant. Once again I will post a tutorial shortly.



We also had hand dipped oreo's topped with a fondant 'pearl' and the candy and bowls are from Sharnel Dollar designs.



I've found in the past that with a complete candy or sweet buffet there is so much left. As it was sea themed and sushi is one of the birthday girl's favorite things we had Sushi 'de la mar' and 'sea' cucumber sandwiches to balance out all the sweets.



All the amazing paper pom poms were from Ah Tissue.



The mermaid dresses and tablecloth were hand made by Karen McCubbin and had the most amazing swirly detail. The mermaid fabric on the tablecloth was so pretty and is from Spoonflower. If you love fabric you must check them out, they custom print.



Invitations, party bags, party bag tags, candles and napkins were from Paper Eskimo.


We had pass the parcel and made mermaid necklaces with 'pearls' and shells with premade holes from the local discount store which the kids took home as a memento.



Every one had blue lips from the candy, sorry to all the other parent's Xx


Lovely Suppliers

Cake, Macaron and cake pop Tower, Mermaid Cookie pops and dipped oreo's by Bubble and Sweet
Pom Poms Ah Tissue
Cake Stand, Glass Jars and Green Beanies Sharnel Dollar Designs
Invitations, Party Bag and Tags, Napkins and Candles Paper Eskimo which I bought from Details Details (they were super helpful)
Wooden Scoops for Lolly Jars Polka Dot Prints
Table cloth and Mermaid Costume by Karen McCubbin
Photographs by Terri Vandermeer
Mermaid fabric from Spoonflower



Special thanks to mum for making the cucumber sandwiches, Dad for the orchid's and the lovely people at the sushi shop at Arnedale Springwood for coming in on a Sunday to make up Lilli's favorite Sushi.




Linda Vandermeer is a blogger, baker, maker and author of the cookbook ' Sweets on a Stick': More than 150 kid friendly recipes for cakes, candies, cookies and pies on the go!. Published in the US the book is available at most online book stores:




Or here at fishpond (Aus/NZ)

Sweets on a Stick: More Than 150 Kid-Friendly Recipes for Cakes, Candies, Cookies, and Pies on the Go!



Xx

31 comments:

  1. Beautiful party, I love all the details and colors. The cake is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gasp! This is amazing!! I am in love with the cake, the fondant ruffles are so pretty. Happy Birthday Lilli.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cake is amazing, the ruffles are just divine! And the mermaid cookies, how perfect! Well done Linda! Was Lilli impressed?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing party! Love every single thing about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think blue lips would be quite appropriate for a mermaid party! It all looks so gorgeous - makes me wish it was birthday time again soon, but I have to wait as my girl's birthday is in April.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous colour theme, just my cup of tea!! Of to be a little girl again and have a birthday party like that! Just superb ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh! I don't know where to begin?!? The cakes, the cookies, the colors~every detail is gorgeous! Beautiful little girls too:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing party!! So beautiful. I did a mermaid party for my daughter this year too, also based on the Paper Eskimo mermaid range. We had a pool party for her since it was end of Jan and nearly 40oC! Have a peek at the cake I made her if you have a minute...
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=192433737449636&set=a.151926598167017.27336.151924748167202&type=1&theater
    <3 Leini at Sweet Desires

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a very lucky little girl! That cake is incredible and those mermaid cookie pops are fantastic! :D I love the theming!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh, it all looks so stunningly beautiful and effective!!
    Lucky, lucky birthday girl.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic idea all are perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Linda, you are such a genius! I love all of them, those pearl truffels are stunning and the mermaid pops are divine! Suddenly feels like a little mermaid myself, oupps!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh yes, I saw this gorgeous party on Kara's Blog! It's so adorable! Thanks for stopping by and introducing me to your blog...I love it! Now I need go check out more.
    Daisy~

    ReplyDelete
  14. The party looks gorgeous! Seriously it's so beautifuly magical that takes your breath away!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So amazing, that dress is gorgeous. i would really love to make my daughters birthday so special but somehow know that it will fall short of this!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love mermaid everything. Your treats were amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an absolutely beautiful party. The cake and macaron tower are just magnificent. You've outdone yourself Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, that is so beautiful, I wish I had this kind of party when I was a little girl! That cake is a work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my Linda you are so incredibly talented! I found your blog and am so impressed at the parties you throw for your girls! The confections are exquisite and I can't get over that you think of every.last.detail! Thank you for sharing your life and talents with the world!
    Sarah @ My Eager Hands

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just wanted to comment on how amazing this party looks. Serially, great job in putting it together. My daughter wants a mermaid party, so I am definitely going to take ideas from this. THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my Goodness! This party is absolutely darling! I just can't get over it! This should really be featured on a big party planning site the way you executed the theme so perfectly. My husband thinks I go over the top but I think you have me beat! :)
    -Robyn from http://tipsfromtheheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am in LOVE with the table decor. What fabric did you use from spoonflower? How did you do the beautiful ruffles???

    ReplyDelete
  23. Everything about this party looks amazing! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I would love more information on the Mermaid Costume and Table cloth. This would be really fun to recreate for my girls!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love this party theme, you did an AMAZING work!
    Does anyone know where I can purchase the mermaid cookie cutters, used here? I have checked amazon, sur le table, and William Sonoma, and no luck yet. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  26. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  27. You guys make it really easy for all the folks out there.
    Mermaid Dresses

    ReplyDelete
  28. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a stunning party. I love that macaron tower....it looks heavenly!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is my sister's favorite theme. It's sweet, colorful and just suits a kid's innocence. Glad to be exploring the net and found great Little Mermaid birthday party ideas like this. THis is going to be my niece's party theme next year. yehey <3 God bless always! I would love to pin some photos from this post hope it's find with you.

    PS. You're daughter is like real-life Ariel.hehe very pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. This looks amazing and I really want to do this for my birthday!

    ReplyDelete